Evolution Fasteners Bi-Metal™ TEK Screw®:
Evolution Fasteners (UK) manufacture an extensive and varied range of austenitic stainless steel fasteners for construction applications such as (but not limited to):
- Stitching screws for fixing laps of roofing or cladding sheets and flashings,
- Secondary frame fixing screws for fixing roofing or cladding sheets to light or heavy gauge steel or aluminium sections,
- Composite panel/ standing seam screws for fixing rigid steel or aluminium faced insulated sandwich panels to light or heavy gauge steel or aluminium sections,
- Clip fixing screws for fixing clips to steel or aluminium sheeting,
- Wing drill screws for fixing soft or hardwood timbers (with high tannins or aggressive treatments) to light or heavy gauge steel or aluminium sections,
- Aluminium system screws for fixing profiled aluminium to light or heavy gauge aluminium sections.
Evolution Fasteners (UK) fixings have been rigorously and extensively tested in our in-house UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) accredited testing laboratory, which has been fully outfitted to perform in-depth testing of construction, marine, aerospace and military application fasteners staffed by a team of experienced Engineers and Scientists that are available to provide technical advice. In addition to this our products are also approved by independent institutes and certification authorities.
Evolution Fasteners (UK) fixings are manufactured to exacting tolerances and in conjunction with our extensive testing and quality assurance programs: we provide an industry-leading product warranty on our Bi-Metal products which ranges from 25 to 60 years (application dependent).
Our Bi-Metal products are made from an austenitic stainless steel head, body and thread which is brazed to a carbon steel self-drilling point. The austenitic stainless steels used in our products is either A2 (A2-70 as per ISO 3506-1, EN 1.4301 as per EN 10088-3 and 304 as per AISI/ SAE) or A4 (A4-50 as per ISO 3506-1, EN 1.4401 as per EN 10088-3 and 316 as per AISI/SAE) and provides exceptional corrosion resistance with traceability back to the original mill. Certificates of Conformity are available from Evolution Fasteners (UK) Ltd on request.
Our A2 variant Bi-Metal products may be used in applications with a corrosivity category up to C4 (as per BS EN ISO 12994-2 and BS EN ISO 9223) while our A4 variant Bi-Metal products may be used in applications with a corrosivity category up to C5 (as per BS EN ISO 12994-2 and BS EN ISO 9223).